Header Ads

AP Gbemi Olateru-Olagbegi launches shoe line - Gbémisókè

Popular On-Air-Personality and show host Gbemi Olateru-Olagbegi today launched her own shoe line which is named after her - Gbémisókè - a women’s shoe line consisting of flats, pumps, & mules for women who wear size 42 and up. Gbemi said she decided to start her own line due to her personal challenges getting the right shoe sizes here and abroad.
"It’s quite tough for women like me who wear UK size 9 and up, to find nice shoes. Most stores don’t carry such big sizes, and when they do, they sell out quickly. After complaining for years, I decided to create a line to make life easier for women like me who have bigger feet. I meet women every time who have the same challenges, and I was surprised to realize no one was really doing anything about it.’
Big congrats to her. See more photos after the cut...




Gbémisókè is now available on online stores Jumia and Konga.
In a Facebook post early today, Gbemi who is a princess from Owo kingdom in Ondo state, says her brand name means ‘Lift me up’ in her native Yoruba language. ‘When a woman has good shoes on, a nice and comfortable pair, she’s confident, sure of herself. She on top of the world.'
‘I’ve been asked why the shoes are so affordable. But truly, I didn’t want to make a luxury line. There are many brands doing that already. I know a lot of Nigerians who cannot afford luxury items. So I wanted something that solves the big feet problem, something very fashionable, and something very affordable. I’m happy we’re able to achieve all three with Gbémisókè.
About Gbémisókè
Gbémisókè is a bespoke plus-size feminine shoe range specially designed for the discerning customer who desires to merge comfort with style. The shoe range is currently priced between N7000 and N9000.

No comments

Powered by Blogger.